Compiler cannot locate DHT.h

I have several sketches in my sketch book. Sketches that reference DHT.h cannot locate the file. Here’s some information:

Sketches:
C:\Projects\Arduino\Sketches\DHT_Test2\DHT_Test2.ino
C:\Projects\Arduino\Sketches\libraries\DHT\DHT.h

Code segment (first 2 lines):
#include “dht.h”
#include <avr/sleep.h>

Compilation Error Message:
Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows XP), Board: “Arduino Uno”

C:\Program Files\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10601 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\DOCUME~1\Derwin\LOCALS~1\Temp\build4907660045205355353.tmp\DHT_Test2.cpp -o C:\DOCUME~1\Derwin\LOCALS~1\Temp\build4907660045205355353.tmp\DHT_Test2.cpp.o

DHT_Test2.ino:1:17: fatal error: dht.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

Install the DHT library.

I have done that, the same way I installed other libraries that are working fine. And DHT shows up in my installed libraries. I'll try installing it again.

I could not reinstall the library without first uninstalling. Seems to be no official way to uninstall a library, so I simply removed the DHT folder and its contents, then was able to install it again. Same problem - the compiler cannot find dht.h

Capitalization counts. You told the compiler to look for dht.h, it told you that it couldn't find dht.h, but the file name is actually DHT.h

Thanks, glad to know that. I’m used to programming in the Windows world where capitalization is ignored for file names.

By the way, the compiler seems a little bit flaky when if comes to file names and character case. When the 2 files DHT.cpp and DHT.h are in my local sketch directory, my source code can reference the header file as DHT.h or dht.h. Also, the DHT.cpp source file in my sketch directory compiles fine when referencing dht.h when it's also in my sketch directory. The character case seems to matter only when the files are referenced in the library directory. Anyway, glad to have this small issue resolved.

Thanks again

It's Windows that is flakey. The behaviour works as expected on proper operating systems.

That's a matter of opinion. I try to keep opinion out of my code.