Compiler error

Hi this is my first post here. After upgrading gcc - and the others - i got this error :

arm-none-eabi-gcc: error: unrecognized debug output level 'cc'

I did some search ion compiler command, i found nothing ! So the question is what is cc output level ?and how would be solved ! Thanks.

FreeBSD11

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Verify/Compile
  • After the compilation fails you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

I’m curious about this statement “After upgrading gcc - and the others”. Generally the idea with Arduino is that each hardware package can control the versions of the tools it uses. Now, if I understand correctly, in the world of *nix package managers there is some conflict here because they only want you to have a single copy of each program installed. They don’t like the Arduino IDE bundling avr-gcc. So you get these IDE versions that some random 3rd party modified in the package managers that end up not working correctly and this is hard to troubleshoot because we assume that people are using the official versions of the Arduino IDE. For this reason I recommend that, if possible, you always use the official IDE releases downloaded from: