Compiler error

I am struggling with compiling anything for the Due.

1. Download Arduino Beta (Build 38)
  2. Add Arduino SAM Boards through the board manager
  3. Select Due Programming Port
  4. Verify a new scetch
Arduino: 1.9.0-beta (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Due (Programming Port)"

In file included from C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:222:0,

from sketch\sketch_mar16a.ino.cpp:1:

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: 'avai' declared as a 'virtual' field

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: expected ';' at end of member declaration

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: expected '}' at end of input

C:\Users\Ren�H�zser\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\sam\1.6.11\cores\arduino/USB/USBAPI.h:55:14: error: expected unqualified-id at end of input

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Due (Programming Port).

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

The file USBAPI.h looks OK to me.

Any ideas on how to resolve the compiler problem?
Thanks
René

I can't reproduce the problem. Does it occur even with the bare minimum sketch (File > New)?

I have a suspicion the cause is the non-standard (sorry, I know that's not the correct term but you get what I mean) letters in your user name but that's just a guess. Do you have a different user on your computer that you could try to see if the problem still occurs?

pert:
I can't reproduce the problem. Does it occur even with the bare minimum sketch (File > New)?

Yes, it does.

pert:
I have a suspicion the cause is the non-standard (sorry, I know that's not the correct term but you get what I mean) letters in your user name but that's just a guess. Do you have a different user on your computer that you could try to see if the problem still occurs?

At the time I wrote this post, I thought the same. I will create a new user and try again.

Thanks for the response.

With a new account on the same machine Arduino is working as supposed.
Darn. Now I have to remember to start it with RunAs.

Well I'm glad at least you have a workaround but it definitely should support these characters.

Have you tried Arduino IDE 1.8.5 to see if the problem is isolated to the beta build?

pert:
Well I'm glad at least you have a workaround but it definitely should support these characters.

I would think so, too.

pert:
Have you tried Arduino IDE 1.8.5 to see if the problem is isolated to the beta build?

1.8.5 is working with an empty sketch and the Due as board. Interesting.

I suspected it was a problem specific to the Beta build. There is a new tool added in the Beta build which is still kind of rough around the edges. This looks like a relevant issue report:

So the developers are aware there is some issue and I think they'll be sure to get it fixed before making the 1.9.0 release of the Arduino IDE.