Compiler Error

Compiler Error
Arduino: 1.8.13 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno WiFi"

I have tried many different solutions to this problem with no result. I am compiling the Blink sketch. I get "returned 133"

I have an Arduino Metro with WiFi on a Mac. I do not find a reference for a Metro library.

dyld: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64
Referenced from: /Users/jamesmaxwell/Downloads/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder
Expected in: flat namespace

/Users/jamesmaxwell/Downloads/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/arduino-builder returned 133

Error compiling for board Arduino Uno WiFi.

This error is caused by using an older version of macOS than the minimum requirement of 10.10. My notes indicate that the last version of the Arduino IDE compatible with the older macOS is Arduino IDE 1.8.9. You can download that version here:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/OldSoftwareReleases#1.5.x

Also the METRO is an Adafruit product, not an Arduino one. Specific info will be on their site, but we can help with the general stuff.

Ah, yes, you'll definitely need to read the documentation for your Adafruit board. I'm not sure what this "Arduino Metro with WiFi" is, but it's almost certainly not compatible with the "Arduino Uno WiFi" board selection.

However, the "dyld: Symbol not found: _fdopendir$INODE64" error you got is from arduino-builder, and will occur no matter what board you compile for. So you also need to use a compatible version of the Arduino IDE.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.