Compiler stopped working?

Hi. Really new to this stuff, but have come across a problem reinstallation etc… cannot seem to fix.

Two days ago, working, no issues. Two days later, I try to compile a new code, get the following error in the verbose version:

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc-ar” rcs “C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Temp\buildef2478b480a30c59a670d0abe6c616d2.tmp\core\core.a" "C:\Users*\AppData\Local\Temp\buildef2478b480a30c59a670d0abe6c616d2.tmp\core\wiring_pulse.S.o”
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc-ar: Cannot find binary ‘avr-ar’

Using library Servo at version 1.1.2 in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Servo
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Also, I can no longer compile code that previously was working. Went search, I can find avr-ar, even if the compiler cannot.

Any guidance?

UPDATE: The fourth re-install was the charm, for some reason?

I have the same problem :confused:

totaltrashmammal: Are you sure you have the same problem? Can you please post the full text of the error messages. It is extremely common for someone to say they have the exact same problem, but in fact, they’re getting a slightly different error message which points to a totally different cause.