Compiling error Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2

Hi everyone, I recently bought an Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2. I added that into Tools->Boards. Then i tried to compile the default generated code:

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}

But unfortunately this erro message appears:

Arduino:1.8.15 (Mac OS X), Scheda:"Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2, ATMEGA328"
fork/exec /Users/mioUtente/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/bin/avr-g++: no such file or directory
Error during Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 compiling.

I don't know what to do.

Hi @andree1. This sort of error can be caused by an incomplete installation of the "Arduino megaAVR Boards" platform for the Uno WiFi Rev2. You can fix that by following these instructions:

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Thanks a lot, really thank you. I did what the link you gave me said. So I deleted the entire packages subfolder inside arduino15 subfolder: %HOMEPATH%/AppData/Local/Arduino15 , ~/.arduino15, then I reinstalled the board platform i needed (Arduino Uno Wi-Fi Rev 2). I tried to compile again and this time it worked but I had this warning:

ATMEGA328 registers emulation is enabled. You may encounter some speed issue. Please consider to disable it in the Tools menu.

So clicked on Tools->Register emulation->None (ATMEGA4809). Then all worked without any issue or error.

Thanks again.

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Thanks for taking the time to post an update and share your findings.

Enjoy!
Per

1 Like