Compiling Error with Aruino interfacing with RedBear BLE Nano v2

I recently purchased a RedBear BLE Nano V2 to use with a project I'm working on. I decided to use Arduino to interface with it and found a straightforward guide on how to set that up here:

https://github.com/redbear/nRF5x/blob/master/nRF52832/docs/Arduino_Board_Package_Installation_Guide.md

I installed everything just as that guide does, but when I try to compile/upload I get this error:

exec: “C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\RedBear\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++”: file does not exist Error compiling for board BLE_Nano2.

I'm not sure what to even do about a supposed missing file. Does anybody have any idea of what's going on here? Also, it makes no difference if I just try and to a Verify/Compile, I get the same error, which tells me it's not an issue with the physical RedBear board, but the Ardunio program/library. Thanks in advance.

Oh, I also wanted to add that this is when trying to compile one of the basic examples (Blink), not a sketch that I’ve written.

thecause17: I recently purchased a RedBear BLE Nano V2 to use with a project I'm working on. I decided to use Arduino to interface with it and found a straightforward guide on how to set that up here:

https://github.com/redbear/nRF5x/blob/master/nRF52832/docs/Arduino_Board_Package_Installation_Guide.md

I installed everything just as that guide does, but when I try to compile/upload I get this error:

exec: “C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\RedBear\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++”: file does not exist Error compiling for board BLE_Nano2.

I'm not sure what to even do about a supposed missing file. Does anybody have any idea of what's going on here? Also, it makes no difference if I just try and to a Verify/Compile, I get the same error, which tells me it's not an issue with the physical RedBear board, but the Ardunio program/library. Thanks in advance.

Do you see the file C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\RedBear\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ on your hard drive ?

ieee488: Do you see the file C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\RedBear\tools\arm-none-eabi-gcc\4.8.3-2014q1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++ on your hard drive ?

No, I don't even have the AppData folder, so I'm missing all of that.

The AppData folder is hidden as I recall.

ieee488: The AppData folder is hidden as I recall.

Yes, you're correct. I enabled showing the hidden folders, and AppData is there. I went through the path and everything is there except the actual arm-none-eabi-g++ file.

I figured this out. Apparently when you uninstall Arduino it doesn't remove all of its folders. I uninstalled it and went through the above path and realized that it didn't. So I deleted the Arduino15 folder and redid the installation and everything is fine now.

I ran the Blink example sketch, which also didn't work. The current version of the example uses LED_BUILTIN, which doesn't work, at least not for this board. I had to redefine that as pin 13 and it works now.