Compiling issues with 101 ("avr/io.h No such file or directory")

Please be gentle as I’m only a noob with Arduino in general, (and C) and even newer with the 101.

I already have a nice working sketch for the Uno, and I figured I might want to add some bluetooth features, and I saw the 101 on the shelf and bought it. The blink sketch works fine, but not my sketch which includes several libraries including the WireRtcLib.h. I figured I’d make a few tweaks to make it work on the 101, but attempted to uploaded it anyway to find any errors.

I tried uploading my existing Uno sketch, and right off the bat, I see that I needed to change my include from EEPROM.h to CurieEEPROM.h. Cool.

But now the new error, below, has me at a loss. I’m almost positive I’m not the first to encounter this, so it might seem I haven’t searched, but REALLY… I have searched the forum and haven’t found a solution.

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino 101"

In file included from \\PAUL\Users\Public\BestVideo\BestVideo.ino:5:0:

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\WireRtcLib/WireRtcLib.h:28:20: fatal error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

#include <avr/io.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling.

Of course I have selected “Arduino/Genuio 101” for the board. And io.h DOES exist. I don’t know where to go from here. Any guidance much appreciated.

Hi pburto,
I’m sorry but <avr/io.h> does not exist in Curie core (if present, it should be here).
WireRtcLib uses some avr-specific defines (like _BV) so it can’t be used with Arduino101.
Try contacting the library author asking him to port the library to be architecture agnostic.

Thank you. I'm realizing how naive I am on all this stuff. I'm swallowing the pill that the 101 isn't quite "Uno with extra stuff" as I had anticipated.