compiling Mega 2560 with 3d printer

Im making 3d printer (prusa i3) and using Marlin firmware
But im facing compiling issue

Im using windows 10 and id selected the board mega 2560 and selected the port COM1 and before ı tried COM6 mega also, and the controller as ATmega2560 but still error compiling mega 2560

C:\Users\ventoak\Downloads\3d yazıcı\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin\Marlin.ino:44:101: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

You're going to need to provide a lot more information if you want to get help:

• Where did you download Marlin from?
  • Were there any instructions you followed? If so post the link.
  • Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

Lubaba:
selected the port COM1 and before ı tried COM6 mega also

The COM port selected has nothing to do with your issue. It's failing during compilation.

id downloaded marlin from here Prusa i3 Rework Firmware - RepRap
and for mechanic parts i used the help from this site Prusa i3 Improved for laser cut by twelvepro - Thingiverse
and im using 1.6.8 version of arduino

Lubaba:
id downloaded marlin from here Prusa i3 Rework Firmware - RepRap

There are multiple download links on that page. But your folder name:

Lubaba:
C:\Users\ventoak\Downloads\3d yazıcı\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin\Marlin.ino
[/quote]
tells me you aren't using any of them. Try again. You're not making it very easy for me to help you.

id tried too much marlins im refinding its link but all just ı know its from wiki
how can i send u a winrar folder? if its possible ill send u directly my marlin from my pc to u

Is there any reason why you're trying a bunch of different Marlins instead of just following the instructions at Prusa i3 Rework Firmware - RepRap?

id followed them before and also too many issues have been appeared, but this one had worked before but now unable to rework it

i just want to know what problems might be when they wrıte

exit status 1

Lubaba:
i just want to know what problems might be when they wrıte

exit status 1

It means just what it says, there was an error compiling. What was the error?

Lubaba:
C:\Users\ventoak\Downloads\3d yazıcı\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin\Marlin.ino:44:101: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory
[/quote]
You already know this. Now chill out I'm working on helping you right now.

thanks anyway

ı prefer to send u a winrar folder for my marlin is not that better?

or i must send u the new issues occuring in the marlin id sent in the first link

Try this:

• Copy Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\ArduinoAddons\Arduino_1.5.x\hardware\marlin\avr\libraries\U8glib to {sketchbook folder}\libraries
  • Restart Arduino IDE
  • Try uploading Marlin again

That seems to be a pretty old version of Marlin but I guess stick with what works right?

didnt work i was not able to add library from sketch the .rar was not appearing from there then id copied the folder u8glip.h and u8glip.cpp (there was only these) to marlin folder where is the whole libraries but didnt work also
probably i think because thats the 1.5.x folder and im using 1.6.8 and in folder of 1.x.x there is no u8glip folder

Have you installed the U8Glib library? If you have Marlin configured (in configuration.h) for one of the LCD control panels it will want the U8Glib library. Check GitHub - olikraus/U8glib_Arduino: U8glib library for Arduino for further information.

You may also want to look at https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/tree/RC for a updated version of Marlin. I'm using RC7 on my I3 and it works well.

Lubaba:
i was not able to add library from sketch

You're not supposed to copy it from sketch. Use Windows Explorer.

Lubaba:
the .rar was not appearing from there

Where did I say anything about .rar? I didn't.

Lubaba:
id copied the folder u8glip.h and u8glip.cpp

Those aren't folders, those are files.

Lubaba:
to marlin folder where is the whole libraries but didnt work also
probably i think because thats the 1.5.x folder and im using 1.6.8

No, it didn't work because the include syntax is wrong for using those files in the sketch folder. You would need to change the include(s) to:

#include "U8glib.h"

As I said before, that's an old version of Marlin but you seem set on using it so whatever.

DaveAhrendt:
Have you installed the U8Glib library? If you have Marlin configured (in configuration.h) for one of the LCD control panels it will want the U8Glib library. Check GitHub - olikraus/U8glib_Arduino: U8glib library for Arduino for further information.

Marlin includes the U8glib library(which I have instructed OP how to install). The reason for this is they want to make sure that the version of the library they tested is used instead of a different version that may not be compatible.

Where did I say anything about .rar? I didn't.

yes u didnt said but when i was trying to add a library there was a section which is add .zip

anyway i installed the library for u8glib and also for u8g2 the above issue has gone but similar issue had occured again

In file included from C:\Users\ventoak\Downloads\3d yazıcı\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin-ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be\Marlin\Marlin.ino:34:0:

sketch\U8glib.h:42:25: fatal error: utility/u8g.h: No such file or directory

#include "utility/u8g.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

i did the same steps i did for u8glib but didnt work this time i include it and install it and also coppy the file to marlins folder but ddnt work

Lubaba:
yes u didnt said but when i was trying to add a library there was a section which is add .zip

That is an easy way to add libraries but unfortunately it won't work in this case because the libraries are not in .zip files.

Lubaba:
i did the same steps i did for u8glib but didnt work this time

Please describe those steps.

id installed u8g2
copied ''#include "utility/u8g.h"'' to marlin widnow
copied the file from ArduinoAddons/Arduino_1.5.x/Hardware/Marlin/avr/libraries/u8glib/utility

Sounds like you're doing a bunch of random stuff instead of just following my instructions from #10. My suggestion is to redownload Marlin and start over, actually following my instructions this time. If you want to use the same version it's here: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/archive/ffad21bca3200209d364c0c11298c71f5ca070be.zip.

yes id also download 1.6.10 ı forgot to tell u

That won't affect my instructions but does affect you if you're trying to include libraries in subfolders of the sketch folder. See https://github.com/arduino/arduino-builder/pull/148.