Compiling MindConnect Library of Mindsphere

Hello,
I wanted to know what would be the steps to use the MindConnect Library for MindSphere (https://developer.mindsphere.io/resources/resources-mclib/index.html) with Arduino?

Do I have to compile this Library and Arduino code together? If yes, how do I go about it?

Or/And can I use pre-compiled executable in Arduino code?

Any help with the development would be appreciated.
Thanks

Hello,
I wanted to know what would be the steps to use the MindConnect Library for MindSphere (https://developer.mindsphere.io/resources/resources-mclib/index.html) with Arduino?

Do I have to compile this Library and Arduino code together? If yes, how do I go about it?

Or/And can I use pre-compiled executable in Arduino code?

Any help with the development would be appreciated.
Thanks

I have no clue how you would use this library or if it's even possible but I can tell you there is a new feature to allow pre-compiled files to be used in libraries:

precompiled - (feature not yet released, will be available in arduino-builder >1.3.25) (optional)
set to true to allow the use of .a (archive) and .so (shared object) files. The .a/.so file must be located at src/{build.mcu} where {build.mcu} is the architecture name of the target the file was compiled for. Ex: cortex-m3 for the Arduino DUE. The static library should be linked as an ldflag.

I believe you can access this feature in the beta build of the Arduino IDE, which you can download from:

It might be necessary to make a small modification to the platform.txt of the board you're using:

Do I have to compile this Library and Arduino code together?

Yes.

Which Arduino are you planning to use?

The connection to the MindSphere is secured by using SSL/TLS in order to protect client's transferred data.

That's going to leave most Arduinos on the sidelines.

Thank You Pert. I will try to use the pre-compiled library. I am also trying to build the entire thing together. I will keep the post active with the results I get.

I do not have any preference for the IDE version. As for the board it can be anyone except Yun for now.

What do you exactly mean by leave most of the Arduino's on sidelines? I am new at IoT so I am not sure. Isn't the SSL taken care by openssl library?

Thanks

@controlsgeek, please don’t cross post
Threads merged

Isn't the SSL taken care by openssl library?

Yes, but you are not going to be able to compile the OpenSSL library to work with the Uno's 2K of SRAM.

I believe none of the boards will be able to support it in that case, isn't it? As there is

1. OpenSSL ~ 1Mb
  2. LibCurl ~ 1Mb
  3. MindConnect API ~ not sure
  4. Arduino Code

Also the entire code I compile goes and sits in the Flash memory right? Should RAM be checked or the Flash memory for reference?

Thanks a lot

Should RAM be checked or the Flash memory for reference?

Yes.

You need to check that there is enough of each.