compiling missing files

Dear friends,

I am a newbie and I was trying to compile a project that required TimerOne and FlexiTimer2 Libraries.
It was very simple, I just created folder and put inside the **.h files and restarted Arduino 1.8.1.

The very strange thing is that in the compilation are missing a lot of files that look like standard Arduino files.

What I would like to know if it is normal that Arduino 1.8.1 is asking me all this files during compilation.

Here some examples:

settings.h
compiler.h
preprocessor.h
tpaste.h
stringz.h
mrepeat.h
parts.h
usb.h
usart.h

and so on....
After an hour downloading every missing file and creating a folder in /libraries I thought that maybe something was wrong.

Thanks,
david

Have you read Installing Additional Arduino Libraries??

Dear J-M-L

Yes I installed the all the compatible libraries (Arduino Uno), but it keeps asking for files. They llok like normal system files.

I don't think that compiler.h or settings.h are from some spacial library (or maybe they are)
The next file I need is specstrings.h . I am pretty sure that once i create a folder in library with that file, I will ask for another.

Thanks,
david

but it keeps asking for files. They llok like normal system files.

“it” is not asking for files. “it” is the compiler. The compiler takes the output of the postprocessor, which resolves the #include statements, and compiles it.

The postprocessor will generate output if YOU try to include a file, in YOUR code, that does not exist.

So, since YOU seem to be getting errors about files not existing, YOU should post YOUR code.

well…

I just created folder and put inside the **.h files and restarted Arduino 1.8.1.

now that you’ve read how to install libraries, does this seem to match the proper way?