Complete novice

Morning, as a complete novice, i would like some help with the start of a program. if someone could code the following, i will be able to build on it to for my 1st project.

1. Set Digital ports to OUTPUT
    1. Set Dig Out 12 HIGH
    1. Wait for HIGH Pulse on A0
    1. Set Dig Out 12 LOW
    1. Set Dig Out 13 HIGHT
    1. Wait for HIGH pulse on A1
    1. Set Dig Out 13 LOW
    1. Set Dig Out 12 HIGH
    1. Loop to 3
      I look forward to seeing your solutions.

I look forward to seeing what you have tried so far

At least post the code for steps 1 and 2

if i could do that, i wouldn't be here. i thought this was a place where people help people. is that not the case?

I know LabView, i dont know Arduino. was looking for some guidance.

Start by looking at, trying and modifying the examples in the IDE

Opening the IDE will also helpfully give you a blank sketch, with setup() and loop() ready for you to colour in.

its right what they say about this forum, in my 30 years in industry, i have never come across a less helpful forum.

thanks for proving the internet right.

You didn’t tell us which board you intend to use.

Aide toi et Dieu t’aidera, as my o!d boss used to say.

What a nice fellow.

This forum works best to provide help to people who are willing to try things for themselves, which it appears you are not. If you try and fail then you will find that help will be forthcoming, but if you want someone to write the software for you then the topic can be moved to another section designed for that purpose but be prepared to pay for it unless someone is feeling generous. Much more detail about your project will be required, so be prepared for more questions

I urge you to try the examples in the IDE starting with Blink, which demonstrates how to change the state of an output pin. Other examples show how to read the state of an input pin and so on. The Arduino is programmed in C++ so there is plenty of help available online regarding general language syntax which you, with your experience, should not find difficult to pick up

dom_p:

1. Set Digital ports to OUTPUT
  2. Set Dig Out 12 HIGH
  3. Wait for HIGH Pulse on A0
  4. Set Dig Out 12 LOW
  5. Set Dig Out 13 HIGHT
  6. Wait for HIGH pulse on A1
  7. Set Dig Out 13 LOW
  8. Set Dig Out 12 HIGH
  9. Loop to 3
  1. Let’s only set the pins we’re using to OUTPUT, in setup(), using pinMode, twice. For consistency, we could set A0 and A1 to be INPUT.
  2. Let’s use digitalWrite on pin 12.
    2a. Now we’ll put the rest of the code in loop()
  3. We’ll use a digitalRead in a while loop
  4. We’ll use digitalWrite again.
  5. Another use of digitalWrite
  6. Another digitalRead in a while loop
  7. Another digitalWrite
  8. digitalWrite again.
  9. Let loop() do its thing.

dom_p:
i thought this was a place where people help people

You are quite correct. But "help" is very different from "doing all the work for you".

If you want someone to write a program for you then ask in the Gigs and Collaborations section and be prepared to pay.

...R

its right what they say about this forum, in my 30 years in industry, i have never come across a less helpful forum.

In MOST of the 'complaints' I see about this forum, the OP demands a solution , or for full working code for a problem, or posts a question copied and pasted from a college/university assignment, or (god forbid) even being asked to do a little bit of work to learn. I have also had PMs from new members saying something along the lines of 'I need this for my final exam or I will fail the course' or 'But you can just write this for me as you know what you are doing, it should only take you a minute or two'.

While it would only take a minute or two, I had to learn to do this, and that has taken 10 years of learning to do. I'm a volunteer giving my time for free, as are ALL the other supporting members here. Posters have no rights to demand ANYTHING from us, and spitting the dummy because a solution is not handed on a silver plate is down to the self entitlment of the poster, not us.

The question posted by the OP of this thread, did give a good 'psudo code' description of the requirments, and with a little bit of reading the examples, or even GOOGLEing, for example 'how do I Wait for HIGH Pulse on A0', would of had a working sketch in a couple of hours.

missdrew:
'But you can just write this for me as you know what you are doing, it should only take you a minute or two'.

Now that *is *presumptuous!

Spit the dummy - had to look that one up!

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.

off topic
this in Greece comes in 2 versions.

1. In ancient Greece a ship was sinking. A sailor jumped in the sea and prayed to "Athina godess" to save him. Then Athina appeared walking on the waves and told him "while waiting for my help, move your hands".
  2. A priest was in the church during heavy rain. The water was flooding the church so the priest got on a chair and started praying "God, save me". Someone knocked on the door calling the priest to get out, he had a boat for both. The priest answered "God will save me". The water increased and finally the priest had climbed up to the top of the bell-house. A helicopter arrived and threw a basket w/rope to the priest. the priest denied saying "God will save me". Finally, after he sunk dead and appeared in front of Him, he understood he should
    first try to save himself and in the mean time ask for help.
    Sorry for interrupting

And there was the very poor and very devout christian who prayed hard once a week (till his knees were raw) for God to help him win the lottery.

After about 8 weeks God got so pissed off he roared "Work with me on this Peter, buy a ticket!

...R

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.