Computer time in sync with LED lights.

Hey! XD

I was wondering how can I make my led light blink at a certain time, for example 9AM everyday. Can I use a certain code that use my computer(mac) time as the input? So, everyday when my computer clock reaches 9AM the led light will blink?

Can someone help me?

Thanks very much!

Isabella

ipipitone: Hey! XD

I was wondering how can I make my led light blink at a certain time, for example 9AM everyday.

You need software on the computer that reports the time to the Arduino, probably via Serial.

You need code on the Arduino that decodes the message sent by the computer.

You need more code on the arduino to determine if it's the right time and blink the LED accordingly.

Can I use a certain code that use my computer(mac) time as the input? So, everyday when my computer clock reaches 9AM the led light will blink?

Can someone help me?

Yes.

Simplest would be to add a RTC (real time clock) such as this:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/264

You connect that up using I2C (4 wires including power and ground), set it once, and then it remembers the time with a backup battery.

Simpler yet would be to do the job scheduling on the PC and have it run an application that writes a command to the Arduino's serial port when it is time to do the LED flashing thing, and have your sketch flash whenever it's told to.