coms query help please

Hello,

I purchased a couple of Amica nodemcu boards ESP8266 cp2102 wfi.

I installed the silicon labs drivers for port 10

When I try and upload a sketch it stays busy and eventually exits with sync errors.

errors per below and drivers installed.

If I reset the board during the retries it sees the rest and aborts so fairly confident it sees the usb device.

Also when I run the serial port example I can see hex characters in the output. Ive tried changing the board rate but no change. Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Ian

board selected arduino uno wifi on port 10

drivers installed

Silicon Labs CP210x USB Bridge (COM10)

\windows\system32\DRIVERS\silabser.sys
\windows\system32\WdfCoinstaller01009.dll

Flashing with command:C:/Users/USER/.arduino-create/arduino/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino9/bin/avrdude.exe -CC:/Users/USER/.arduino-create/arduino/avrdude/6.3.0-arduino9/etc/avrdude.conf -q -q -patmega328p -carduino -PCOM10 -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:C:/Users/USER/AppData/Local/Temp/arduino-create-agent108170980/Blink.hex:i

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x50

Executing command: exit status 1

CREATE does not yet support ESP's despite many many requests.

The regular desktop editor however DOES support ESP's by following these instructions

It sounds like you are trying to use a UNO as an ISP is that correct ?
I am a little confused as to why you mention a UNO WiFi and a Wemos as they are different boards completely.

Thanks so much for the reply. If create does not support ESP's then that will be the reason.

Dont think I referred to Wemos The microproc is an Amica nodemcu board ESP8266 cp2102 wfi.

thanks
Ian

Node MCU and wemos are very similar...My bad but the answer remains the same.

I too would like to see them added as I have a variety of ESP based boards that I would love to run through CREATE including my NODE MCU's

Thanks for your help,

I followed the instructions you suggested for the desktop version usung Amica nodemcu board ESP8266 cp2102 wfi. Now thanks to you I was able to compile a simple blink led sketch and upload it to the board and it runs ok. So thankyou for that help.

Perhaps you would to comment on the following.

I guess I just incorrectly assumed that the Amica nodemcu boards ESP8266 with wfi are similar/compatible to the Arduino uno with wifi?

I made this assumption as there is a project that uses the additional board manager url http://arduino.esp8266.com/versions/2.3.0/package_esp8266com_index.json

In their project they compile their sketch with the arduino uno wifi board selected?

thanks

Without a direct link to the project itself I can only speculate.

That link there is a link to the boards package to add to the desktop IDE that's all.

The proper one for ESP's is this one "http://arduino.esp8266.com/stable/package_esp8266com_index.json"

Be aware though that occasionally they have server issues but they are often only short ones and they are up and running pretty quickly when they have an issue.