Comupter can not find arduino

Hello everyone.

I know that there are a tons of topics like this, and belive me I reed them all and tried everything, and it seems to me that i'm going to crush this board with a hammer.

I have a windows 7 64 bit and laptop Acer Aspire e15.

I got arduino board from Adeept on ebay.

So when I plug arduino board in nothing happens. I installed all drivers manually, i let my computer to find them automatically on the internet, i tried different usb sockets (they work fine with everything except for this board), i came across tutorial which explains that the problem can be in little microcontroller which is on the board for programming and his driver, but mine is mega 16U which shouldn't have this kind of problems. The most troubleshooting guides is for when you plug in arduino you get a message that drivers failed to install, but i don't get any message, like i didn't plugged anything in! The led's on the board lights ok, pwr is glowing and another marked with letter L is blinking. When i go to device manager nothing happens at all, my laptop doesn't see that board neither like the unkwond divece! Nothing! My first problem was that I couldn't see any ports (COM and LPT) at all but i managed to fix that by adding them manually. I downloaded newest IDE and installed everything (at least i hope so). I tried to install arduino driver manually and I get the same code 10 error all the time with the marking ! like you can see in the pictures in the gallery. Actually what ever i tried to install manually from cmd - run as administrator - hdwwiz.exe and then selecting ports i always get a massage like in the third picture, maybe it has some connection with that? The option port in the arduino IDE is grey... But whatever i plug in the usb ports works great!

Please can someone help me, this is so annoying for me, and i lost 5 days trying to fix this without success... What ever idea you got i will try and post a picture if you want.

And please if you could explain the troubleshooting steps with the details because i'm not so good at computer software, but i am really trying and this topic is my last option because i tried almost everything, but I got some kind of feeling that the problem is not in the board because whatever i try to install manually in the ports i get always error message and "!" sign like you can see in the picture 3...

thanks in advance

gallery https://postimg.org/gallery/29ue6bnr0/

Have you tried a different USB lead, some charger type leads don’t have all the connections made off .

When I installed the IDE I let it install all the drivers automatically and had no problems .( also
win7)

I got my usb cable in the same package with arduino board... but i haven't tried another because i don't have it. The new board and cable should arrive within few days because i ordered 2 for cases like...

yep... faulty USB cable.... now it's working

VTI_16V:
I got my usb cable in the same package with arduino board... but i haven't tried another because i don't have it. The new board and cable should arrive within few days because i ordered 2 for cases like...

What kind of USB cable is it? Does it have any distinctive coloration?

Some vendor is distributing defective USB cables with their Arduino boards :frowning: