conect arduino uno to mobile usb

Hi, I'm taking the first steps with Arduino

I wanted to connect a USB mobile phone with arduino UNO to send messages

Can I connect the USB cable directly to the RX (0) and TX pins (1)? Or is this not possible?

Is possible to communicate with the phone through a Bluetood module to send messages?

sorry for my English and my inexperience with arduino

thanks

Unless your phone has a USB On-The-Go port, then no you cannot plug it direct into the Arduino. It is highly unlikely that you have an On-The-Go port, or if you do that the software exists for it to enumerate an Arduino. And no, you definitely can NOT directly connect the TX and RX lines of the Arduino to a USB port.

Yes, you can communicate with bluetooth if you add a bluetooth UART adapter to the Arduino (HC-05 / HC-06 are common). There are many apps for mobiles (both Android and iOS) for controlling Arduinos through bluetooth.

majenko: There are many apps for mobiles (both Android and iOS) for controlling Arduinos through bluetooth.

thank you very much, but what I want to do is the opposite, I want to control the phone from the arduino. I want arduino to send an sms though mobile.

is this possible by communicating with a bluetooth module?

jpasvengo:

majenko: There are many apps for mobiles (both Android and iOS) for controlling Arduinos through bluetooth.

thank you very much, but what I want to do is the opposite, I want to control the phone from the arduino. I want arduino to send an sms though mobile.

is this possible by communicating with a bluetooth module?

If you can find / write the right software to do it, yes.

Most bluetooth modules communicate using RS-232 serial data, so you will need a bluetooth RS-232 to SMS gateway application for your phone.