Confused on pin numbering on the NANO

I am trying to get a couple of nRF24L01s talking to each other. I have this diagram below from the web. Is this wiring correct? I am confused with the pin numbers.

On the NANO, is 13 the clkm 11 the MOSI, and 12 the MISO? Are these wired correctly, i.e. is the diagram correct for a NANO?

It looks to me that the CSN and CE go to digital pins 8 and 7 not necessairily pins 7 and 8 on the board.

NANO.jpg

Almost always, when you see references to pin numbers in the Arduino world, they are talking about the Arduino pin numbers. That is the case with this diagram. Where it says "8", it means Arduino pin 8, or the pin on the Nano marked "D8".

An unfortunate exception to this is the official product page of the Nano, which does use physical pin numbers in one place:

The Arduino Nano can be powered via the Mini-B USB connection, 6-20V unregulated external power supply (pin 30), or 5V regulated external power supply (pin 27).

but everywhere else on that page, the pin numbers are referring to the Arduino pin numbers.

It looks like the wiring is reasonable. Is it not working? What sketch are you using to test it?

I am using a simple one that I got from a web article.

It seems reasonable. I agree that the circuit seems OK. I will dig out my oscilloscope and start debugging this afternoon. I have two computers and I have the same circuit on both. One sketch is a transmitter and the other is a receiver. The SW is so simple it should work but as Einstein said, " do things as simple as possible but not simpler."

Some NRF24L01 are very sensitive to power, adding a (47µF or 100nF have worked) electrolytic capacitor (or a good tantalum 10µF) between the 3.3V and GND as close as possible to your NRF24L01 could be a good decoupling/bypass capacitor to reduce noise.

Johnwesser, I have tried Getting Started,Getting Started Call Response, and Getting started handling data. All programs compile and I get a bunch of stuff using the serial monitor but I guess I don’t know what to expect.

Should I compile the same example to both nRF24L01 and NANOs or am I supposed to change some parameter in the program of the “other” computer?

Compilation and loading seems to go fine.

barryjo:
Johnwasser, I have tried Getting Started,Getting Started Call Response, and Getting started handling data. All programs compile and I get a bunch of stuff using the serial monitor but I guess I don't know what to expect.

Should I compile the same example to both nRF24L01 and NANOs or am I supposed to change some parameter in the program of the "other" computer?

Compilation and loading seems to go fine.

All of the radios have to have different addresses.
In the "GettingStarted.ino" example there is this section where you are supposed to put 0 for one Arduino and 1 for the other. Try that.

/****************** User Config ***************************/
/***      Set this radio as radio number 0 or 1         ***/
bool radioNumber = 0;

NOTE: The wiring diagram, NANO.jpg, is INCORRECT. The sck, msio, and mosi pins are not shown correctly.