connect 2 arduino via another arduino

Hi! I want to connect 2 Arduino Uno, preferably via a Raspberry Pi model B, but i don`t know how to do this. Can I connect them via another arduino?

How do you want to connect everything - with wires or with wireless?

What are they going to do when they are connected?
How much data?
How often?
What direction?

…R

I had three Arduino Uno's connected together using SoftwareSerial. It worked great.

The one problem I overcame was that the Arduino with TWO SoftwareSerial ports could only receive on ONE port (the last one defined) as stated here under "Limitations". The solution is to let both the other Arduino's talk to the same port on the third Arduino, using a diode on the wire from each so there isn't a conflict when one Arduino sends positive while the other sends negative.

In the software, I just sent a bite with the data to say which of the two Arduino's the message came from.

Worked like a charm! :grin:

But later, I moved everything from these three Atmega328 chips to a single Atmega1284p, because of it's huge memory (by comparison) and many more IO pins.

To me, it seems really sad that Arduino doesn't have a model that uses the Atmega1284p, because it (and the Atmega328) are the only two AVR processors I know of with pins that fit into your solderless breadboard for development. But addon's are available for your Arduino software so you can program the Atmega1284p like a regular Arduino.

This might be overkill, but seems logical to your question: http://www.freetronics.com.au/collections/raspberry-pi/products/pileven-arduino-compatible-expansion-for-raspberry-pi#.VhKQncvQy9c

The one problem I overcame was that the Arduino with TWO SoftwareSerial ports could only receive on ONE port (the last one defined)

Not quite true as you can set which instance of SoftwareSerial should listen using the listen() method but still a problem if data could arrive at any time on any instance.