connect 4 sensors and a GPS , best way ??

New to Arduino and Edison . I would like to connect 4 thermal couples , 1 Pyranometer , and a GPS and collect data , is this feasible and approximately what Arduino would I need ?

Thanks

Justin Tabatchnick

Hi, What are the sensors, how do they communicate with arduino, I2C, serial, analog ? What do you want to do with this information? You need to consider how you are going to output to the real world as well. Do you need battery power or power supply current?

Thanks.. Tom... :)

Hi Tom;

Thanks for the reply . The 3 of the 4 are thermocouples and the fourth is a Pyranometer. Need to read temp and irradiance at a specific time interval and need to output data to an SD card.

Hi, How do the input sensors communicate? Do you just have a thermo-couple junction and no interfacing circuit? In which case it will be mV. What type of thermo-couple?

Does the Pyranometer output a voltage? What is the range of the outputs.

It looks like a UNO or Nano may do the trick.

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Hi Tom;

The Pyranometer output is in the mV range and I will be using four Arduino MAX6675 K-thermocouple module temperature sensors .

Justin

jtabatch: Hi Tom;

The Pyranometer output is in the mV range and I will be using four Arduino MAX6675 K-thermocouple module temperature sensors .

Justin

Pick your board based on needs: here.

I would not expect issues from the mV analog signal ... just remember you need a precision Vref for the AD.

Ladyada says this about your Max6675's

I have several GPS Arduino implementations on my website below: Ray