Connect Arduino to laptop through powerline

The concept is simple. I have bought this powerline modem pair:
https://www.tp-link.com/gr/home-networking/powerline/tl-pa4010p-kit/

and I want to connect the one end to my laptop and the other end to an Arduino UNO with ethernet shield. Is this feasible? Can you help me?

Thanks...

Yes it is quite possible. As far as the Ethernet shield is concerned it will just be a network connection

What do you want to use the connection for ?

Temperature sensor

You could read the temperature with a sensor connected to the Arduino that could be accessed via Ethernet from a web browser running on the PC

Would that suit your needs ?

UKHeliBob:
You could read the temperature with a sensor connected to the Arduino that could be accessed via Ethernet from a web browser running on the PC

Would that suit your needs ?

Is a remote room without ethernet/wifi, that's why I am going to use powerline

alex5678:

The chances are quite good that the two rooms DO NOT share the same power line from your mains power, if you are in North or South America.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
The chances are quite good that the two rooms DO NOT share the same power line from your mains power, if you are in North or South America.

Paul

I don't understand that. Powerline modems needs to be connected to the same line, don't they?

All depends on the power to your building and which country you are in.

IF you are in a residence in the US, your mains power comes from a center tapped transformer on a power pole or an undergound chamber. Each side of the center tapped winding is 115 volts, nominal. A residential wiring standard is to balance the load on each side of the transformer by powering some rooms from one side and the other rooms from the other side of the transformer. For safety, a single room cannot be supplied with power from both sides.

The same applies to a commercial building, unless the power is 3-phase power. Then there are three separate sources of power to be balanced throughout the building.

For your power line modems to work, they need to be powered from the SAME side of the power transformer.

You will have to try the modems to see if they will work. IF they don't, you have the reason.

Paul

The powerline devices provide you with an Ethernet connection provided, of course, that they are on the same circuit