Connect ATtiny85 to Arduino and program it - Support

Hi! I followed this tutorial on how to program an ATtiny85 using an Arduino board. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_MhVSlMZI8&list=WL&index=51&t=367s&ab_channel=DIYTECHBROS In the video, it connects all the pins from ATtiny85 to Arduino, and I want to use 5 physical pins from ATtiny85. I was thinking about making the connections, then uploading my program, but maybe something unpleasant happens because of these connections. I mean, in my program, for example, I declare the physical pin No. 1 of ATtiny85 as input or output, but it is connected to the Arduino at the same time. Arduino - ATTINY85 5V - PIN 8 GND - PIN 4 D10 - PIN 1 D11 - PIN 5 D12 - PIN6 D13 - PIN 7 How the connections will look like in this case ? Another thing, can I use analogRead() function in a program for ATtiny85 ?

You should upload the ArduinoISP to the programmer Arduino before making the connections. And all of the connections have to be made before you can upload your user code.

I don't think that you can use physical pin 1 as GPIO unless you disable reset by burning a fuse. Once the reset is disabled you can't program the chip unless you use a high voltage programmer.

Another thing, can I use analogRead() function in a program for ATtiny85 ?

Yes, there are 3 analog inputs (besides the reset pin).

|500x322

3.jpg|1000x644