connect nokia to arduino through cable

i would like to connect my nokia n70 directly to arduino through nokia cable..

i think i need to emulate nokia cable drivers in arduino. How can i do this???

can anyone helps me???

thanks

I think you have to find out what type of comunication the Nokia phone expexts. is it serial ? is it USB ?

If it is just serial the Arduino might be able to communicate with the phone

i have a python app to communicate through cable.

i test it with windows hyperTerminal in COM3, and works!!!!! it gets all strings incoming from the mobile phone...

but when i try to link to arduino it can't connect...

did you setup the serial on Arduino with the correct parameters (baud rate etc.) ?

yes, i did... but:

i have this code in my python program:

conn = pys60usb.USBConnection() conn.connect()

that my arduino does not understand.

i need to check out what this functions are doing, or what response they need..

it sounds to me like its a usb to serial converter inside the phone, not sure if it would be viable to connect it with an arduino

Arduino has a ftdi driver to convert from usb into serial, isn't right????

if i connect my phone directly into arduino usb jack, it may work!!!

As i already posted here, i can communicate through a COM port, i think i just need a usb to serial converter.

can the ftdi driver do that work for me????

the ftdi driver isnt a usb host, you wouldnt be able to connect it like that. what sounds plausible would be to crack it open, find the serial converter, and tap the lines before it goes to the usb interface. probably alot more work than its worth.

the ftdi driver isnt a usb host, you wouldnt be able to connect it like that. what sounds plausible would be to crack it open, find the serial converter, and tap the lines before it goes to the usb interface. probably alot more work than its worth.

thats the way it does work. I built now my own connector...

Geko