Connect two ardunio via BLE (Feather + Bluefruit Uart friend):

Hello,

I am trying to create a remote opening for a hidden door. I have the actuator and relays working and I have the receiver UNO + bluefuirt UART BLE friend working that can be triggered by my ioS app.

I was hoping, however, to use a feather with the integrated ble that was connected to a button to send the signal to trigger the door opening, but I can't seem to find documentation on how to communicate between the two.

From what I gather not all BLE adafruit devices can talk to each other, but the nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832 can?

Thank you in advance

You should be able to setup the Feather with the button as a BLE Client that connects to your Server (the NRF52 friend). Did you try the Bluefruit scan example on the Feather? It should see your NRF52 friend.

It looks like I have the Adafruit Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE, I don't see the example code for the scan in the library or documentation?

This example show you how to use Feather nRF52/nRF52840 as a Central to talk to other Bluefruit (nRF52 or nRF51) peripherals exposing the bleuart (AKA 'NUS') service.

I've personally never been a fan of using UART in BLE, but it's probably the easiest to get working. If you decide to step it up, you check out using GATT.

You're probably not the first person to open/close doors with BLE, so there's likely a standard GATT Service/Descriptor for it. You would need to define a service that exposes a Read/Write/Notify characteristic for triggering your action.

But again, a generic TX/RX pipeline will do the trick as well.