Connected Arduino UNO does not have a port

I do have some Arduino boards, but one of them does not have a port any idea why? Is board is corrupted or something else?

Possible, or a corrupt bootloader, or a CH340G chip without driver installed, or something else.

Do you have a programmer ? If you can upload a sketch with a programmer and the ICSP header, you could test if that part is still working. It will remove the bootloader if you do that, select “burn bootloader” from the menu after testing.

The most likely cause is not having the driver installed. Start by identifying the USB to serial chip. Post a link to where you got the board from or a picture then it can be identified.

My Arduino board I do have Arduino programmer, here is the following message: <avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “/dev/cu.usbmodemfd311”: No such file or directory
ioctl(“TIOCMGET”): Inappropriate ioctl for device>. I got the Arduino Kit on Aliexpress:

and the board is looking a little bit different from other Arduino UNO.

Thanks for the photo, that is a CH340G usb-serial chip. You need to install the driver : http://www.wch.cn/downloads.php?name=pro&proid=65

Peter_n: Thanks for the photo, that is a CH340G usb-serial chip. You need to install the driver : http://www.wch.cn/downloads.php?name=pro&proid=65

Thank's a lot!!!

Ok seems like I have a bigger problem. The computer shut down while I am trying to connect my Arduino UNO after driver installation.

It looks like stable. Thank’s a lot it’s working fine!

Here is a new problem. Every time I connect my board via USB cable I have this problem. But somehow I succeed to upload a sketch and I am unable to do anything else.

Do you use an Apple computer ? I assumed that you used Windows. Uninstall the driver and hope that this doesn't happen again.

I know there was a problem with a mac and that CH340G chip, I don't know if it has been solved.

Or do you use Windows via BootCamp ? In that case, uninstall the driver. It is possible to use the files from the CH341SER.zip file from the Device Manager.

I wonder if that is an issue with an over loaded USB port. Have you got anything connected to that board other than the computer?

I am not aware of any issues with Windows and the CH340 and I have sold hundreds of CH340 based devices.