Connecting 3.5 mm jack to Arduino Uno

Hello, I am using a curren sensor that has 3.5 mm jack output:

In order to connect it to Arduino and read data from sensor, what can I do? Do I need to buy any extra device or just cut it and seperate the cables. Which pins can I use to connect sensor to read current?
Thak you

Yes use a jack socket, or cut the end off the choice is yours.

For bread boarding I make little adapter boards:

Well, if you read the datasheet in your link, having a 10 ohm resistance in parallel of the 2 wires, you can measure it like any other analogue unit. Connect the positive lead to one of the analogue inputs and the negative to gnd. Don't connect them wrong or it could damage your arduino, also don't try to measure an AC current, it has the same effects.

Then you could map() the input to convert the input voltage to amperage.

Thanks for your replies. I dont know much thing about jacks. Is it possible to use headphone audio socket for sensor jack to connect it to breadboard?

fatopato:
Thanks for your replies. I dont know much thing about jacks. Is it possible to use headphone audio socket for sensor jack to connect it to breadboard?

it it fits, then yes. that is a common jack and plug.

I just bought that audio socket:

There is no description about pins. How can I connect that socket to arduino in order to read sensor. I mean which leg for ground and which legs for analog input?

How can I connect that socket to arduino in order to read sensor. I mean which leg for ground and which legs for analog input?

It is AC it doesn't matter.
Remember to put the resistor in and bias the analogue input before connecting it to your Arduino.

C-F-K:
.....also don't try to measure an AC current, it has the same effects.

This sensor is a current transformer, and only responds to AC.
You will need an additional circuit to either convert the AC output into DC, or to bias the output to have an offset of 2.5V, so that the output swings between 0V and 5V maximum

Give a read to the arduino energy monitor link from the sparkfun page - it gives you the circuit needed to connect one of those current probes to an Arduino or other MCU, http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/buildingblocks/ct-sensors-interface

You need to ensure that the 10Ω 'burden' resistor is in place, otherwise the output can be a very high voltage that will damage your Arduino.

Read the introduction to CT sensors.

Safety
In general a CT must never be open-circuited once installed. A CT is potentially dangerous if open-circuited.

Thank you all. My problem is on first step that there is 5 leg on the socket, which leg is ground? I just read the datasheet but still dont understand it:

Which pins are applicable for analog output?

use a multi-meter.

get a 3 prong jack.

that one has a switch so one leg is connected to the plug when it is pushed in, and connected to a different line when un-plugged.

think speakers. you listen to speakers, plug in the jack and the speakers loose signal because the switch in that jack are opened and the signal now goes too the jack.

that means only 3 pins are used for your application.

a multi meter will tell you.

but the one closest to the opening is the ring of the [plug] closest to the wire.
look on the back of the jack, one will have a connection close, that will be the tip of the plugg.
one will disappear in the block, that is the middle ring.

the two outside are the un-used pins that are connected when there is no plug or shorted to ground if you do not isolate them.

The one in the center close to the hole.

BUT as I said you have AC so there is no ground as such. You do not connect one end of this sensor to the Arduino ground.
Please re read what others have said about connecting up this sensor.

hye bro, i want to ask how about ur 5 pin jack? how to connect it? can explain to me?

hye bro, i want to ask how about ur 5 pin jack? how to connect it? can explain to me?
i wanna try connect it with CT sensor with arduino. but it look like cannot function