Connecting 6 Servos to my Arduino

I am trying to control 6 servos with my Arduino mega. However, I don't want to use a big bread box. I want to keep the system as small as possible. Can I please get suggestions on what to use?

Use a small bread box. Whatever that is.

Start with the basics. To power 6 servos you are going to need an external power supply as the regulator on the Arduino can only supply limited current. What do you propose to use as a power supply ?

Use a smaller Arduino (do you really need to use a Mega ?) and small servos. What will the servos be moving and how much torque is required ?

Hi,
That Mega has a LOT of pins! But with a Mega Sensor Shield you can just plug each servo on a nice -3-pin connector and use the power option to power them from a separate supply...

See THIS about cabling and shields.

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

The MEGA has three 5v pins and I believe five GND. You can also program several other pins HIGH and LOW to make up some additional 5v and GND pins.

You can connect the servo via jumpers to the appropriate PWM, 5v, and GND pins.

Double check the current on the servos to make sure the MEGA can sustain it. It should be fine with most.

Lubby:
The MEGA has three 5v pins and I believe five GND. You can also program several other pins HIGH and LOW to make up some additional 5v and GND pins.

Do NOT ever power a servo from an I/O pin.
Always power servos from a separate supply.