Connecting a Pressure Sensor and LCD to an Arduino

Hey,
I am working on a school project for the past few days which involves connecting a pressure sensor and a LCD with the Arduino Board. The pressure sensor takes the readings from the screen and displays it on a LCD screen.

These are the details of the pressure sensor:
Company Name: Mouser Electronics
Mouser P/N: 785-SSCDRRN005PD2A3
Description: DIP, Dual Rad Barbed Honeywell Board Mount Pressure Sensor
They can be found on the website as well.

The Arduino Board I am using is Arduino UNO R3 Compatible Atmega328P Board.

The LCD model is 1602 16x2 Character LCD Display Module HD44780 Controller Blue/Green screen blacklight LCD1602 LCD monitor 1602 5V

The pressure sensor details on the website say that the output should be digital. But on the data sheet it says that the pressure sensor is I2C(which means that it has a SDA and a SCL). SDA and SCL are to be connected to A4 and A5 which are analog ports of the Arduino Board according to the Arduino website. So is the output digital? How do I make the output digital, if so? Thank you!

Your sensor's output is digital.

A4 & A5 have dual purpose on Uno. They can be used as analog inputs, or they can be used as SCL & SDA of the I2C bus. By default, the pins are analog inputs, but if your sketch contains "Wire.begin()" then the pins will be used as I2C.

It would be a good idea to buy an I2C backpack for your LCD display. Then it can share the I2C pins with the sensor, and use no extra pins on the Uno! Much easier to connect up, also.

Thank you so much for the prompt response. Just to be clear, I don't need to connect the pressure sensor with any of the digital ports of the Arduino board, right?

Hey, I have another question related to the project. I am working on a school project for the past few days which involves connecting a pressure sensor and a LCD with the Arduino Board. The pressure sensor takes the readings from the screen and displays it on a LCD screen.

These are the details of the pressure sensor:
Company Name: Mouser Electronics
Mouser P/N: 785-SSCDRRN005PD2A3
Description: DIP, Dual Rad Barbed Honeywell Board Mount Pressure Sensor
They can be found on the website as well.

The Arduino Board I am using is Arduino UNO R3 Compatible Atmega328P Board.

The LCD model is 1602 16x2 Character LCD Display Module HD44780 Controller Blue/Green screen blacklight LCD1602 LCD monitor 1602 5V

Apparently, I tried connecting the LCD alone with an Arduino Board. It only shows reading at 5V. Using the data sheet on the website I learnt that the Pressure Sensor works at 3.3V. Is there a way to connect the SDA and SCL cables of the LCD and Pressure sensor together at A4 and A5 while each has a different ground and power supply? Thank you!

There is no need to repeat yourself. I can scroll back to your first post to get all those details. But they don't tell me enough to answer all your questions. I could go and find that web site and track down the sensor you are using, but that might take me a long time and I might find the wrong one by mistake. You can save me time and avoid any mistake by posting a link to the exact sensor. Read the forum guide in the sticky post to find out how to post links so they can be clicked, and lots of other great tips.

If the sensor is not fully 5V compatible, then you may need a logic-level convertor module like this one.

Hi,
First try and get your LCD working.
Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Include pin numbers/names so we can see your connections.

Also post the example code that you are using to try and make the LCD display?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: