Connecting a printer clutch to arduino uno using relay

Hello everyone, so I have approve on controlling a printer using arduino my question is how will I connect the printer clutch to the arduino does using a relay is okay?? I'm kinda scared on messing up the printer itself if my connections was wrong thank you

It is nearly impossible to answer the question without more information. What printer? What is a printer clutch and what are its specifications? Which Arduino?

groundfungus:
It is nearly impossible to answer the question without more information. What printer? What is a printer clutch and what are its specifications? Which Arduino?

The printer i used was samsung ml 2160 and the clutch has 24 VDC cource. Im using arduino uno for this project. I already made the clutch to work manually but im not sure how ill i connect it to the arduino

I am assuming that the clutch is electromagnetic.

I would think that a MOSFET would be a good way to drive the clutch. You will need to to know how much current the clutch needs to be able to select a MOSFET. Look for MOSFET solenoid driver circuits for how to wire it. A MOSFET will use less current than a relay and the relay will need a transistor (MOSFET) to drive the coil if controlled by an Arduino, anyway. Do not forget the flyback diode to protect the MOSFET from reverse spikes.

This article from the Playground might help solenoid tutorial. The clutch is probably like a solenoid.