Connecting Arduino Uno and LEGO NXT 2.0 using Bluetooth Module

I have been trying to use my Arduino Uno to control my NXT, but I have had some trouble. Through some research, I have found a few helpful sites/forum posts on the topic, and I have paired the two devices over bluetooth. They cannot communicate, however, and I suspect the issue is Baud Rate. My Arduino module operates at 9600 BPS, and I can roughly guess-timate that the NXT is operating way higher than that. Is there a setting I can use to adjust the Baud Rate on the NXT?

Is there a setting I can use to adjust the Baud Rate on the NXT?

How is that an Arduino question? Do you expect the Lego forum to help you blink an LED on an Arduino?

I'm sorry, that last line of my post was poorly phrased. Is there a way that I can use the arduino to change/limit the NXT's Baud Rate?

Patrick2-7: I'm sorry, that last line of my post was poorly phrased. Is there a way that I can use the arduino to change/limit the NXT's Baud Rate?

In order to do that, the NXT would need to accept a command to change its baud rate, and you'd have to connect to the NXT at the default baud rate so that you could send it the command at the speed it is operating at. If you could do that, you wouldn't need to change the NXT's baud rate.

The Arduino is NOT limited to 9600 baud. I can't imagine why you think it is. That may be the baud rate of the bluetooth device you are using, but that has nothing to do with the baud rate between the NXT and its bluetooth device. Data exchange between the two blue tooth devices doesn't involve baud rate in any way that you can influence.

Am I mistaken that the Baud rates need to sink for data transfer to occur?