Connecting Arduino Uno WiFi to Internet

I bought an Arduino Uno WiFi Developer Edition and everything seems to be working well -- I'm able to upload and run programs, read sensors that I plug in, etc. However, I'm not able to connect my Arduino to WiFi, or even run the example code provided in the Arduino IDE menu in File > Examples > WiFi Link. Running CheckWiFiLinkFirmwareVersion prints the welcome message "WiFi Link firmware check." but the program stops after that without printing any errors. The Uno WiFi has the ESP8266 chip so the WiFi link library should work, but I have also tried all the other WiFi libraries I could find by typing WiFi into the library manager window in Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries.

terf:
I have also tried all the other WiFi libraries I could find by typing WiFi into the library manager window in Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries.

Most WiFi libraries you will find will not work for the Arduino Uno WiFi. It has a unique way of interacting with the ESP8266.

The WiFi Link library claims to work with the Uno WiFi. The other one that should work is called:
"Arduino Uno WiFi Dev Ed Library"
And is available from Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries. Give that one a try.