Connecting ESP8266-12F wifi chip to Arduino Uno

Hello all,

I have come to the discovery that the ESP8266-12F wifi chip is not a very popular model. This being, I am unable to find out how to connect it to my Arduino Uno anywhere online. Any knowledge on the ESP8266-12F would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

It's the exact same chip as all the other ESP8266 modules, so the names of the pins is the same, only the actual layout is different.

You might be interested in my Beginner's guide to the ESP8266. It also contains a chapter on how to connect the hardware, with the necessary diagrams.

Pieter

You may be interested with a new board including ARDUINO UNO and ESP 8266 WIFI. It allows separate programming of UNO and 8266 and different configurations of operating: each one separately or when communicating between them.

MDNARD10

g03r56:
Hello all,

I have come to the discovery that the ESP8266-12F wifi chip is not a very popular model. This being, I am unable to find out how to connect it to my Arduino Uno anywhere online. Any knowledge on the ESP8266-12F would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

The ESP8266-12F is a powerful board by itself.
If you install the ESP8266 Arduino Core firmware in it, you really don't need your Arduino Uno.