connecting hc-sr-04 ultrasonic sensor through CAT-5 cable over 100 meters

Is it possible to connecting hc-sr-04 ultrasonic sensor through CAT-5 cable over 100 meters without any distortion in the signals :confused:

Can you put a "sender" at the far end or are you relying only on the sensor itself?

I found to be relevant. It refers to a cat-5e cable |500x380 Taken from http://www.analog.com/en/design-center/reference-designs/hardware-reference-design/circuits-from-the-lab/cn0275.html#rd-description Decibel refers to the ratio of the power to the original signal and can be calculated by this equation: 10^(x/10), So at 600ft (182m) sending at 10Mhz, you will see only 6.3% of the original signal's power...if I understand what I read correctly, somebody feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

But I think that chart references a perfect run. Anytime you parallel power lines or another signal carrying cord you reduce that perfect length.
Where I was going with my sender question was, could you put a module out there in the world with the sensor that would send back a differential signal. You can get huge distances out of these kinds of things.

@ardshark iam trying to send signals from an ultrasonic sensor mounted on my water tank

@Ps991 tnks

Ps991: I found to be relevant. It refers to a cat-5e cable |500x380 Taken from http://www.analog.com/en/design-center/reference-designs/hardware-reference-design/circuits-from-the-lab/cn0275.html#rd-description Decibel refers to the ratio of the power to the original signal and can be calculated by this equation: 10^(x/10), So at 600ft (182m) sending at 10Mhz, you will see only 6.3% of the original signal's power...if I understand what I read correctly, somebody feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

That graph is only for impedance matched signals - ie driving the line at 110 ohms, terminating it at 110 ohms (or whatever the actual characteristic impedance for the actual cable is)

If you drive at a higher impedance the loss and distortion is substiatially greater at high frequencies and distances, since the capacitance of the cable is no longer tuned out.