Connecting high speed camera to arduino

I have a very expensive camera...
https://www.techimaging.com/products/high-speed-cameras/photron/product/photron-fastcam-nova-s6
Possible to connect to arduino? Need to sync a water drop, a moving surface, and the camera
Any ideas to do this? The link has pics to the cables that the camera can receive

The datasheet in your link only provides an overview of the system. I assume, since it is expensive, that the manufacturer will provide a lot more information to the customer.

I presume you just want the Arduino to trigger the camera to start when it detects something and my guess (and it's only that) is that it should be possible.

A big question is how precise you need the triggering to be - and you have not mentioned that.

...R

I need the camera to get a picture of a water drop impacting a moving surface. I got the moving surface and the droplet timed perfectly just need to add the camera into the circuit.

here is a link to the connections on the cam

Basically more specifically if you want, what cable would i need to do this? Im a arduino newb. Ive only done simple servo builds, LED builds, connecting it to a solenoid, etc

TStolpe29:
Basically more specifically if you want, what cable would i need to do this?

That question is meaningless for an Arduino.

First you have to find out how the Arduino could control the camera - if at all. Only then can you figure out which of the inputs to the camera is appropriate.

...R

PS ... it is much easier to help if you make the images visible in your Posts. See this Simple Image Upload Guide

How do you detect the water drop? Isn't such a signal sufficient as a trigger for the camera?

study port manipulation to learn how to send the trigger signal in the fastest and most consistent fashion. note that MEGAs use different pins than UNOs, so adjust instructions for your Arduino as necessary.

use an interrupt to signal the Arduino to perform the port manipulation

I would consider a laser and a photodiode for a trigger. a fact that could be publicized better: you can use any LED as a photodiode.

cut the tip of the plastic housing off so light can strike the diode directly
reverse bias the LED, through a resistor.
shine the laser on the chip, through the path of the drop
the laser shining on the diode allows current to flow, cutting the light off blocks current. you have effectively made an inverting transistor, with the light acting as the signal on the base of the transistor

A local university student got about 250,000 bits ber second doing this, so it should trigger your Arduino fast enough.

Already got a phototransistor and IRLED hooked up! works like a freakin charm!1!!!
1M ohm resistor on the phototransistor increased sensitivity enough

Just a lil lost on how to connect the cam to the arduino

The cam spec mentions a BNC connector for the trigger input. Question remains about the input impedance and expected signal polarity and amplitude - use the contact information at the bottom of the data sheet.