connecting impuls relais to arduino

I would like to connect an arduino to my home installation. Everything in my home is controlled by Eltako Impluse relais.

I'm using a 24V DC as signal voltage in my push buttons to activiate the relais.

I would like to have my arduino send an impuls (close contact) to my Eltako relais. How would I do that?

Are optocouplers a good solution ?

Cuball: I would like to connect an arduino to my home installation. Everything in my home is controlled by Eltako Impluse relais.

I'm using a 24V DC as signal voltage in my push buttons to activiate the relais.

I would like to have my arduino send an impuls (close contact) to my Eltako relais. How would I do that?

Are optocouplers a good solution ?

Yes, an opto-coupler is a good solution. Just make sure the opto input is properly energized from the Arduino 5 Volt Digital Output. And the opto output can withstand the 24 Volts for the relay. Is an inductive kick-back suppression diode needed?

How would I know if I need such a kick-back diode? Can I just connect the arduino 5V to the opto-coupler ? Or do I need something between it ?

Cuball: How would I know if I need such a kick-back diode? Can I just connect the arduino 5V to the opto-coupler ? Or do I need something between it ?

OK, since you are not sure then just be safe, add the reverse bias 1N4001 Diode across the Opto's Output.

Typically, you must add a resistor between Arduino I/O and Opto-Input because the Opto Input is essentially an LED.

Here is a Dual Opto from Spark Fun... OPTO

Also, Crydom makes Solid State Relay (SSR) with 5 Volt DC input (no resistor) and 50+ Volt DC rated output.