Connecting Keyboard with Arduino

Hi there,

I'm currently making a Morse code on the arduino for the hearing impaired, so with LEDs instead of sound. What I want to be able to do is press a button on the keyboard, lets use a for example, and for the LED to flash with the dot dash sequence of Morse code. Does anyone know how I would be able to do this?

Easy. It's just a loop.

{
Read a character from the serial port
Look up the Morse character in a table
Transmit it to the LED
}

There are a gazillion Morse programs out there, if you search on it. Try the box at the upper right of this page.

Sorry I'm new to arduino would you be able to put up an example coding for me?

Kaiya:

That would be pointless repetition. You will find numerous examples if you search, as I suggested.

You should go through the examples that come with the IDE.
Once you learn some basic ideas and techniques, make an attempt at this project.
When you run into problems with the coding, ask again for help here.

Kaiya:

He told you exactly where to find just that. Here's a link that will explain how to do that if it really is beyond you to do a search.

Delta_G:
He told you exactly where to find just that. Here’s a link that will explain how to do that if it really is beyond you to do a search.

Well for one I searched way before I asked on here for help and for two I didn’t see that part of the message until after I posted my reply. No need to be a smartass about it.

Kaiya:
Well for one I searched way before I asked on here for help and for two I didn't see that part of the message until after I posted my reply. No need to be a smartass about it.

Not trying to be a smartass. Your reply implied that you were unable to perform a simple search because you were either too lazy or too stupid and needed someone else to search for you and post the code they found here for you. That link solved both of those problems by doing the search for you and also showing you how.

Don't even come here trying to say you searched for morse code and Arduino and didn't find anything.

@Kaiya
Do some combat breathing.

^ agreed-

@Kaiya - you asked for 'example code' and the post directly before it says SEARCH.. there is TONS of example code for you to pick-n-choose from.

Which 'reads' like you didnt want to search on your own.

A reply (having done a search for you) was posted in reference to your reply about being new and (implying) you couldnt/wouldnt search yourself.

Trust me.. there are many people here who can be snarky and expect everyone to be on their playing field..(knowledge wise).. however this was NOT one of those cases IMO..