Connecting to flash via Serial Server on Mac

I just got going with my new Arduino, and thanks to the many good posts on this forum I got a fast start. Thanks!

However I have run into some trouble trying to connect to flash.

What I have: - Arduino Diecimila (usb) - Macbook pro (intel) - Serial Server with newest “libSerial.jnilib and RXTXcomm.jar” in “library/java/extensions” - USB drivers from Arduino installed

What works: - From terminal I can “cat /dev/cu.usbserial-A1001NUI”, and it works fine. All the “Serial.println” comes through. - From Serial Server I can test-send chars to port “9001” which reads fine when I telnet the socket in Terminal, and vice versa. (telnet localhost 9001)

Problem: I cannot get Serial Server to forward “/dev/cu.usbserial-A1001NUI” to socket 9001 and read it via telnet in Terminal. Let alone trying to read the socket in flash

I cannot use “/dev/tty.usbserial-A1001NUI” only “cu” works. In Serial Server I get the error: “Port /dev/tty.usbserial-A1001NUI in use” although all other apps are closed.

Does anyone have any suggestions. Perhaps another serial server app for mac, or a hint to get me going

Thanks in advance

Esben Nielsen

You could try this Processing sketch: http://www.arduino.cc/playground/uploads/Interfacing/SerialNet.pde.txt