Connecting Two Acccelerometers Wirelessly to an Arduino Uno? (New to Arduino)

I'm not sure how ridiculous this question may be, but I have a project where I need to connect two accelerometers, with one located in each of someone's shoes, which will be connected to an Uno near one's chest which will be connected to a DC motor which will change speed based on the accelerometer readings.

Is there any way for one to connect the accelerometers to the Uno (or any other Arduino) wirelessly (making the whole system less clumsy to use) without liquidating my wallet?

Out of all the accelerometer searching I have done I have found I have found the Memsic 2125 and the ADXL3xx to be the top candidates. Between these, or any other suggestions, which would be the most cost effective?

Thanks,
v-shee.

Is there any way for one to connect the accelerometers to the Uno (or any other Arduino) wirelessly (making the whole system less clumsy to use) without liquidating my wallet?

You'd need some device that could read the data from the accelerometers, and send it to the Arduino wirelessly. Depending on the accelerometer that might be possible with an XBee.

Whether three XBees, and related hardware, would liquidate your wallet, or not, depends on how robust your wallet is.

which would be the most cost effective?

That's a little like asking which pair of gloves is going to be most cost effective to use in this new car. The cost of the accelerometers is such a small part of the overall project as to be nearly negligible.

Thank you for the response

PaulS:

You'd need some device that could read the data from the accelerometers, and send it to the Arduino wirelessly. Depending on the accelerometer that might be possible with an XBee.

Whether three XBees, and related hardware, would liquidate your wallet, or not, depends on how robust your wallet is.

which would be the most cost effective?

That's a little like asking which pair of gloves is going to be most cost effective to use in this new car. The cost of the accelerometers is such a small part of the overall project as to be nearly negligible.

So for each accelerometer, I would need 1 shield and 1 XBee to attach to the Uno?

And would you happen to know any accelerometers in specific that are compatible with the XBee, if you do, could I receive the name?

Thanks

A Pololo Wixel could be used to transmit the data from each accelerometer, to another Wixel that would do the analysis. That would be a small, inexpensive and self contained solution. The programming language is C and you could modify one of Pololu's working examples to fit your needs.