connecting water pressure transducer (IPSLU-GP001-D) to Uno

Trying to connect IPSLUGP001D (data sheet attached) pressure transducer to the Ardunio Uno. I am an undergraduate with no prior experience in writing code or using Arduino. The pressure transducer measures 0-1 psi and needs a voltage supply of 9 ~ 32 V and has an output of 0.5~4.5 V. I am using a 12 V power supply and connecting that to the pressure transducer which will be attached to a flume measuring small changes in water pressure during experiments. However, I am confused as to how to wire these three products, as I’ve seen a lot of people using resistors. This is my plan to wire, will it work?

IPSLU 2015.pdf (108 KB)

Data sheet says you have two options: a 4-20 mA output, and an absolute (non-ratiometric) 0.5-4.5V output. To read either of them reliably with an Arduino you indeed need some resistors.

First of all you have to use the internal 1.1V reference (and probably calibrate this, as it's voltage has a 10% tolerance).

The 4-20 mA output needs a resistor to convert that in a 0-1V voltage, which can be read by the Arduino's ADC.

The 0.5-4.5V output needs a voltage divider to bring it down to the 0-1V range. Total value of the resistors must be >10k (that's the maximum permissible load as per datasheet).

You could connect it the way you do, but any instability in Vcc (the default reference for the ADC) is reflected in changes of the reading.