Connection closed by foreign host on Arduino Yun Shild

Guys who ever faced a problem on the Arduino Yun Shild when compiling the example ConsoleRead .Write the serial monitor port Connection closed by foreign host. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a problem in uploading the sketch or reading the output with serial monitor?

@joyer,

if you are getting Connection closed by foreign host ..., it is very likely you are using the wifi - as that is network message. Are you using the USB serial port as Angelo9999 suggested?

Jesse

joyer: do you have a reliable network connection with the Yun, or does it keep dropping out? If you SSH to the Yun, is it able to keep a connection?

jessemonroy650:
if you are getting Connection closed by foreign host ..., it is very likely you are using the wifi - as that is network message.

It could also be Ethernet. But it is most definitely networking, as that's what the Console class does: emulates the serial port over the network.

Are you using the USB serial port as Angelo9999 suggested?

Where did he suggest that? I would think using the USB port would defeat the whole purpose of the network oriented Console class.

ShapeShifter:
Where did he suggest that? I would think using the USB port would defeat the whole purpose of the network oriented Console class.

I think he is suggesting that he debug the USB problem - first. He did say, "reading the output with serial monitor"
To me it's not clear if it is a serial port problem. Either uploading the sketch or running the sketch.

Jesse

jessemonroy650:
He did say, "reading the output with serial monitor"

You still use the serial monitor to access the Console over the network, you just have to choose the Yun's network address on the IDE port menu.

To me it's not clear if it is a serial port problem.

If you mean USB serial, I would be dumbfounded if it's involved in any way.

Either uploading the sketch or running the sketch.

I'm going to guess it's running the sketch, but yes, it is not clear which phase is the problem.