Connection questions between Arduino UNO+nRF8001 and an android phone

Hi,

1. I am using Adadruit nRF8001 breakout board and also the SW driver linked in the Arduino library.

2. I am using the Adafruit exemplary Arduino sktech "callbackEcho" and installed Bluefruit app in both my iphone and Android.

3. When using ios, I can use my bluefruit to talk to Arduino sketch in the PC via the seiral monitor. After connecting the phone to the Arduino via the bluefruit app, I can also see the device name showing up in the list of the connected bluetooth device in iphone's general setting.

4. When using android, I can use my bluefruit to talk to Arduino sketch in the PC via the seiral monitor. (this is the same as what it is for ios). I can also use some other apps such as BLE scanner to connect to Arduino+nRF8001.
    However, after connecting the phone to the Arduino via the bluefruit app, I can only see the device name showing up in the list of the devices detected in Android's general setting. I tried to touch the icon of this device to connect but it showed "pairing rejected by this BLE device (nRF8001)".

I do not know how to determine if this BLE device is really connected to this phone or not. My target is to develop an app to talk to this BLE device. So the success of the connection matters to me and I do not know which setting above represents the real connection state

If the connection is successful due to observation of the app (such as bluefruit app or BLE scanner app), does that mean I should not expect to connect the device in the general setting place like the available bluetooth device list?

If the connection is not successful, how am I be able to fix this problem and let "connected" status show up in the list of "Connected devices"? I tried the same thing in an IOS phone and the status shows "connected" when I tap the icon of this BLE device in iOS bluetooth device list.

Thank you!