Connection scheme for Arduino Mega and 23A256/23K256 series SRAM

Hi all,

I need to connect my SRAM to an Arduino Mega through SPI.
Could anyone suggest a correct connection scheme?
I haven’t decide yet which exact SRAM I will connect 23A256 or 23K256. So I would like to have the scheme for both cases.

I have found a connection scheme from Microchips website (see attached Picture 1), however also found another scheme from Arduino forums (see attached Picture 2). So now I’m a little confused.

Picture 1.JPG

gevorgparsyan:
Hi all,

I need to connect my SRAM to an Arduino Mega through SPI.
Could anyone suggest a correct connection scheme?
I haven’t decide yet which exact SRAM I will connect 23A256 or 23K256. So I would like to have the scheme for both cases.

I have found a connection scheme from Microchips website (see attached Picture 1), however also found another scheme from Arduino forums (see attached Picture 2). So now I’m a little confused.

Look at the voltage range for your part. My reference says the 23A256 Vcc is from 1.5v to 1.95V. And the K is from 2.7v to 3.6V.

with a Mega you will have to have to do signal level translation with either one, Neither one can handle the 5v SPI signals from the Mega.

Personally I would use the 23LC512 version. It handles 2.5v to 5.5v and is 64KBytes. I use them extensively, with both UNO’s and Mega.

Attached is a working 5V Vcc schematic.

Chuck.

SCH 23LC512.jpg

Hi chucktodd.

Thanks for the information and attached schematic. Unfortunately, at my end I have only 23A256/23K256 series. So can anyone suggest schematics for those as well?

Thanks.

gevorgparsyan:
Hi chucktodd.

Thanks for the information and attached schematic.
Unfortunately, at my end I have only 23A256/23K256 series.
So can anyone suggest schematics for those as well?

Thanks.

I can recommend using a Texas Instruments TXS0104E. It works well with SPI bus voltage level translations.

The ‘A’ port can be from 1.65V to 3.6V while the ‘B’ port is between 2.3V and 5.5V, The ‘B’ port supply voltage MUST always be greater than the ‘A’ port supply voltage.

When used with the SPI bus, it’s max data rate is 24Mbps.

Chuck.