contact info

Is there a phone number I can call to get help with what to order?

I need a company name and address to place an order thru my work. I cant find it anywhere.

What are you trying to order?

jgolden:
Is there a phone number I can call to get help with what to order?

For help with what to order, you are probably best off asking here on the forum. But you need to provide enough information for us to help you.

jgolden:
I need a company name and address to place an order thru my work. I cant find it anywhere.

That is the sort of question that Arduino Store support is probably most qualified to answer. You can contact them here:
http://store.arduino.cc/store-support

I dont know exactly what I need, which would be straightened out quickly in a conversation instead of typing all this. (Is there really no phone number?) I want to make something that controls electronic sensors/equipment, communicates with another instrument via rs232, obtains A/D data and logs data on an SD card, all at very low power. Data would be sampled at around 0.1 Hz for a couple hours each day. It sounds like an Arduino Uno with a SD card logger board would work, but is there something better? Can I use the GPS logger for this? Can I save data on the GPS logger in my own format, or does it have its own format that I cant change? I prefer to stay with an Uno since I've used one before.

Also - to order something at work, I need a full address. I cant find that anywhere. Or are there distributors?

You seem to misunderstand where you are. This is a community of users. We aren't part of any official Arduino anything. We are just other people like you who like to play with microcontrollers.

No, there's no phone number. I doubt any of the volunteers here want to give out their personal phone numbers for free consulting. If you are willing to pay handsomely then PM me and I will talk to you on the phone but you will have to pay for my time and I am not cheap.

As for the address, you've been given the contact info for the store. I suggest you ask them.

Delta_G,
If you look at the thread, I was told by someone on the forum here to post what I want to buy and someone will help me, so I assumed this was the correct place to do that. Sorry if I was wrong.

I don’t want your phone number, I was asking if Arduino has a phone number. I cant find it anywhere on their site, nor their address.

thanks

jgolden:
I don’t want your phone number, I was asking if Arduino has a phone number. I cant find it anywhere on their site, nor their address.

Just use the contact form. It's quite likely there is no phone number given publicly because if you have a phone number then you need to pay support people to sit there all day waiting to answer calls. It's more efficient to do support via email.

jgolden:
nor their address.

Arduino has multiple addresses. There are multiple distribution centers located in various parts of the world. There is probably a main business address they used to register the corporation, which you could find after a bit of time on the search engine, but that's probably not going to be the address your purchases ship from. That will depend on where you're located. I could give you the address for the US distribution center.

jgolden:
Delta_G,
If you look at the thread, I was told by someone on the forum here to post what I want to buy and someone will help me, so I assumed this was the correct place to do that. Sorry if I was wrong.

thanks

I understood you 100%. You want to talk to someone on the phone at Arduino about what to buy. They don't have that service. They just don't. They're an open source hardware collective. They don't have a support service. They would tell you to ask on the forum. We can help you here but you seemed like you were really against doing it this way and really wanted to handle it over the phone. I was offering you an alternative to do that. It's the only way you're going to get to do it over the phone. So you can either take it or give up the phone idea and ask on the forum. There is a section called "Project Guidance". Be sure to describe your project in specific terms. Say what you're trying to build. Don't just give some vague reference to this signal and that signal. Say what they actually are. Chances are someone here knows how to do it if you describe it well enough.