Continuity Tester(Open Test) Using Arduino Mega 2560 with 7 Segment Display

Good day!

I would like to use arduino for an open tester or continuity tester for a FFC (flexible flat cable). The maximum number of lines that I want to test is 50. Out of 50 lines I would like to display the total number of GOOD lines. I already read a topic about a continuity tester with pass or fail outcome only here in the forum. Instead of a pass or fail, I would like to display the total number of good lines.

I would really appreciate it if someone will help me out here. Thanks!

JMNZ:
I would really appreciate it if someone will help me out here.

Don't you realise how that sounds? It sounds like "I would really appreciate it if someone will do the hard work for me". Where are your plans and attempt so far? If you understood everything you read in those other threads, why do you need help? If you did not, where are your questions? Show us that you are willing to put in effort and to learn.

PaulRB:
Don't you realise how that sounds? It sounds like "I would really appreciate it if someone will do the hard work for me". Where are your plans and attempt so far? If you understood everything you read in those other threads, why do you need help? If you did not, where are your questions? Show us that you are willing to put in effort and to learn.

I am sorry. And I already have a plan. My problem is that the pins of the arduino are not enough for the 50 lines to be tested. I just need some ideas or opinions from other people who have so much experience here in arduino. Again, I am sorry if it sounds like that. I just started my job and it is my first project and I don't want to mess it up.

Search for I/O expanders or multiplexers/demultiplexers.

Ok, apology accepted. But please describe your plans so far, even if you think it won’t work because of insufficient pins.

Railroader:
Search for I/O expanders or multiplexers/demultiplexers.

Thank you so much sir.

Ok, so 9 pins to run 2 seven-segment displays,
50 input pins with pullup resistors enabled to measure one end of the cables.
3 pins to send data into 7 TPIC6C595 shift registers.
62 pins, still have 2 for Serial and 6 for other pins.
Shift in a single 0, read in all the inputs, make sure the matching pin is also 0, and that no others are.

Project / job does not make sense.

Scope of project Test a cable and report how many of up too 50 wires were good?

Then what?

Gee boss, this cable tester says 47 wires made contact, guess that’s good enough..