Continuous data stream only when reset button pressed

Hi there,

so I have a problem with reading a data string (Hex, 512 Hz) from an EEG-Sensor (TGAM1). It just reads once a couple of data packages and then stops. Of course I put serial.read in the loop. But also, if I read out the incoming data over a serial terminal, like Realterm, I get the same result. I only get kind of a data stream if I keep the reset button of the Arduino pressed. So what am I doing wrong, respectively am I overseeing.

Thanks for your help

Emanuel

Look at line 234 - that's a problem.

(deleted)

Sorry, I thought this was a legit question. I'll try it somewhere else.

(deleted)

From your post I deduce that the sensor outputs on serial, and you've connected tx of module to tx of arduino, so the arduino can t see the data *since it's not directed to rx, and the data can only pass through to the serial adapter when the pin is tristated, by putting chip into reset state.

On serial, tx goes to rx (they stand for transmit and receive)

Doesn't change that you should have posted code and wiring, your explanation just has a huge red flag in it (that you get output with reset held down)

Sorry, next time I'll be more aware of the forum rules. Actually, DrAzzy already help me a lot. I did connected TX to RX and vice versa, but well... the pins on the breakout board were lettered inverse. China... I should have tried it out beforehand. Thanks

dermanu:
Sorry, next time I’ll be more aware of the forum rules.
Actually, DrAzzy already help me a lot. I did connected TX to RX and vice versa, but well… the pins on the breakout board were lettered inverse. China… I should have tried it out beforehand.
Thanks

This is very common with Serial devices - do you label it with what the function of the pin is, or where to connect it? Often “TXO” and “RXI” are used to make it clearer (TX out, RX in).