Continuous rotation servo capabilities

I'm new to the arduino and was unsure of what parameters you can control when programming a continuous rotation servo. I am aware you can control the speed at which it spins but that is all i know. Are you able to control the duration the servo runs for as well? And if so what would be the command code for this? Thanks in advance.

bbqbrett:
I'm new to the arduino and was unsure of what parameters you can control when programming a continuous rotation servo. I am aware you can control the speed at which it spins but that is all i know. Are you able to control the duration the servo runs for as well? And if so what would be the command code for this? Thanks in advance.

You can control speed and direction using the "Servo" library, then directly control duration by telling it when to stop.
ie

myServo.write(135);         // Will start it turning anti-clockwise at about half speed.
delay(250);                 // Will wait for 250mS
myServo.write(90);          // Will stop the servo

Note that this is just a simple example using 'delay()'. In reality, it's better to use 'millis()'-based timing, as shown in the "BlinkWithoutDelay" example provided with the IDE.

Thanks OldSteve. Forgive my ignorance I don't know what IDE stands for, so there is a command code i can put in that just tells the device to run for a given time as opposed to telling it to delay for a time then making it stop. Does anyone know what that command would be?

bbqbrett:
Thanks OldSteve. Forgive my ignorance I don't know what IDE stands for

IDE is Integrated Development Environment

so there is a command code i can put in that just tells the device to run for a given time as opposed to telling it to delay for a time then making it stop. Does anyone know what that command would be?

No, there isn't such a thing. I told you how it's done.
Edit: I also told you there's an alternative to using 'delay()'.