continuous servo motor and arduino

Hi,i am new to programming and arduino,i wanted to know if we can somehow programme arduino to rotate a continuous servo motor to desired location instead of full rotation.Like starting to rotate the morot and stopping it a certain time.

A "continuous servo" is nothing more than a gear motor with speed control. It is no longer a servo as the positional feedback is disabled. So to answer your question, no, not without adding some sort of positional feedback like limit switches or something.

stopping it a certain time.

Timed motion might work if the load on the servo is always exactly the same and the supply voltage is exactly the same. But that is a rare occurrence.

edit: If you want continuous rotation and precise positioning, a stepper motor may suit. Still need at least one point of positional feedback to "home" the stepper. Then motion is relative to the home position.

Stepper basics.

sanjeevd: Hi,i am new to programming and arduino,i wanted to know if we can somehow programme arduino to rotate a continuous servo motor to desired location instead of full rotation.Like starting to rotate the morot and stopping it a certain time.

How many revolutions do you need?

A sail-winch servo can rotate about 3 revs with position control. I think you can get some that can do 6 revolutions.

...R