Continuous servos receiving same numbers, yet going opposite directions

Here is the code I am using:

Here are the details of what I am using to control it, and what kind of servos I am using:
http://nj-scioly.github.io/RoboCross-2013/

Vex 2 wire servos

Motor controller 29 to convert pulse width modulation to control the servo.

Are they really turning in opposite directions, or is that just how it appears because of the way they are mounted?

Here is the code I am using:

if you really want anybody to look at your code, you need to post the code using code boxes (read the below info). If the servos are being used for drive wheels on opposite sides of the bot, you may need to mirror the position commands being sent to the servos.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

AWOL:
Are they really turning in opposite directions, or is that just how it appears because of the way they are mounted?

Yes they are (I'm working with him on this project).

The code that you posted a link to looks like it uses the normal servo library and defines pins to drive them

frontLeftServo.attach(9); 
  frontRightServo.attach(3);
  backLeftServo.attach(11);
  backRightServo.attach(10);

You say in your post that you are using 2 wire servos so, is there another device between the Arduino and the servos that turns the normal 3 wire servo interface into a 2 wire one or have I misunderstood what you are doing ?

UKHeliBob:
The code that you posted a link to looks like it uses the normal servo library and defines pins to drive them

frontLeftServo.attach(9); 

frontRightServo.attach(3);
  backLeftServo.attach(11);
  backRightServo.attach(10);

You say in your post that you are using 2 wire servos so, is there another device between the Arduino and the servos that turns the normal 3 wire servo interface into a 2 wire one or have I misunderstood what you are doing ?

Vex 2-wire servos are controlled with a Motor controller 29, which is just an H-Bridge.

I just rewrote the code, and they still are. I do not understand, 2 servos being given the same command go opposite?

AWOL:

Mounting does not affect rotation. Imagine a clock, now if I take this clock and turn it upside down so that the 12 position is where the 6 would be, will the clock still spin clock-wise? The answer is yes. I thought I could do that before too, I can't :frowning:

It's not about turning it upside down, it is about looking at it from the back.

If you have a see-through clock and you look at it from the back, it will appear to be turning anticlockwise.

If you are building a robot car of some kind using continous rotation servos, you probably actually want the
servos to be rotating in opposite directions.