Control 3D printer on android app

Hello everyone, I currently have a 3D printer, I want to control printer operation from an android app but I don’t want to use available platforms like octoprint … can you show me How can I complete this project, what will i have to learn. Thank you everyone

Layout-374x480.png

Image from Original Post so we don't have to download it. See this Simple Image Posting Guide

Layout-374x480.png

...R

The duplicate topic in Home Automation has been deleted

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky “How to use this forum - please read.” post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

I want to control printer operation from an android app

What, EXACTLY, do you want to control? Start and stop print? Upload files to be printed?

The presence of an "Internet" bubble in your picture implies that there is a web interface already. My smart phone needs no additional programming to interact with a web interface.

huydoan:
but I don't want to use available platforms like octoprint ...

It seems to me that you will then have to create your own equivalent of Octoprint - no small task. Also, it is not an Arduino program so this the right place to look for advice.

The Octoprint website is strangely coy about what the product actually is. I eventually found this YouTube video which made things clear. It is a Python program that interfaces with the 3D printer and presents a browser-based interface for controlling it.

...R

thanks PaulS for comment in this post. I want control everything of my 3D printer. start print, stop, move x,y,z, upload file to print and receive images from the camera on 3D printer.