Control 6 servos at a time

I'm working on making a snake robot but i cant get my 6 servo motors to work at the same time. I gave the servos , power supply and arduino board a common ground and was able to control 2 servos together. The servos I'm using are 5V servos. I'm currently using a variable DC power supply at 5V. No matter what i do only 2 servos will work at a time. Initially i thought that they weren't getting enough current but increasing the current doesn't work either( I fried one servo do so). One thing i noticed is that when the power is on and 6 servos are connected to the power supply the voltage value shown on the DC supply drops to 2..2V(It does not do so when only 2 servos are connected).I tried using a DC adapter aswell, same problem. Sorry if i seem like an idiot, i've only been playing with arduino for some time now and wanted to make something big.I've no idea what else to do.Please help me solve this problem.

increasing the current doesn't work either( I fried one servo do so)

That doesn't make sense to me: devices draw the current they need, so how did you increase the current it was drawing?

I increased the current in the variable DC power supply and the servos connected spun continuously and i could smell burning plastic. i'm not sure exactly what happened, i checked all other servos individually and they are all working fine

Hi, can you post a picture of your project, in particular the power supply you are using and what it is rated at.

If your supply drops to 2.2v then it is current limiting, if you have a current limit control on the supply then increase it, DO NOT increase the output voltage to do this, you will as you have found fried a servo.

Tom..... :)

I'm sorry i do not have a picture of my project or power supply with me. I'm using the components in my college lab so the components aren't with me right now

jishnu: I'm sorry i do not have a picture of my project or power supply with me.

In that case draw a diagram showing how everything is wired and post a photo of the drawing.

Also post the sketch you are using.

...R