Control a motor from an external pulse/clock

Hi,
I'd like to synchronise a motor to a camera, so that the motor rotates a set amount each time the camera shutter is open, so that they stay in sync with the camera being the 'master'.

I can extract a sync pulse from the video camera, and the motor would be driving a shaft that also has a sensor on it (hall effect or optical sensor).

I'm open as to what kind of motor to use, and what sort of drive to use for the motor, but was wondering if anyone could give some guidance here.
The sync pulse will be in the range of 24 to 30 per second, so the motor could be doing 1440 to 1800 RPM to stay locked to the camera signal, depending on the sync rate coming from the camera.

Any help or suggestions on reading much appreciated.

Suppose (to keep things simple) the camera is producing 24 pulses per second, what should the motor be doing in response to that.

And, perhaps more important at this stage, what would be unacceptable behaviour by the motor?

Am I correct to assume that there will either be 24 pulses per second (camera running) or no pulses at all (camera stopped)?

What is the motor required to do when the pulses start and stop?

It would be a big help if you explain the purpose of the motor.

...R